High Temperature Coating Solutions for the Diesel Industry
At the DECC Company, we recognize the challenges due to increasing temperatures that Tier 3 & Tier 4 EPA regulations are causing and how they contribute to component performance and other engineering issues that are problematic to the diesel industry.
We have solutions to these problems
- Due to Tier 3 and now Tier 4 EPA regulations, temperature is negatively affecting performance on various diesel engine components.
- Typical applications include EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) systems, exhaust manifolds, exhaust gaskets and electrical components that are affected by high temperatures.
- We have been successful applying products that provide temperature resistant, thermal and/or corrosive protective barriers.
- Temperature related issues cause slip fit exhaust components to weld together, leading to the eventual failure of those exhaust components and difficultly with servicing of those components.
- Under the hood electronic component failure due to the high radiating temperatures of the diesel engines can be eliminated through the use of coatings.
- Reduced overall performance and safety concerns on the engines as a result of high temperatures on various engine components can also be resolved.
Currently, these types of issues are being combated by heat blankets and exotic metals that increase cost, add weight, and reducing performance.
Click here to see the DECC Company's product list for resolving these issues.
A quick note about us: At present time, we have several years of experience working with various OEMs on production applications where coating is being used to resolve issues created by these new EPA regulations. We are also breaking ground with the remanufacturing division of an OEM on 3 new programs regarding corrosion issues related to thermal oxidation in high temperature environments.