The DECC Company's core competency is the rack-spray application of functional, high performance coatings for the automotive industry, especially in high-volume programs. With quality focused process control and application methods, DECC is capable of adhering to a vast array of OEM coating specifications. As a coating applicator, DECC also has extensive experience solving unforeseen component problems through the application of functional automotive coatings.
|Typical Automotive Problems||Automotive Coating Solutions|
|Road Noise — Creaking, Rattling, Buzzing, Humming||DECC applies dry film lubrication and noise reduction coatings that deaden sound and enhance component performance|
|Corrosion Damage — Components rust or corrode due to environmental or chemical exposure
||DECC applies our corrosion protective coatings which have proven success on fittings, stampings, castings, and numerous other automotive components|
|High Temperature Damage — Engine components and mating parts overheat and performance degrades||DECC applies heat resistant coatings which are designed to deflect damaging heat from being absorbed by the part|
|Rubber to Metal Bonding Adhesives — Rubber doesn't stay attached to metallic surface on the suspension and engine-to-body mounts||DECC applies rubber to metal bonding adhesives that allow for over-molding of rubber to a metal substrate|
Protecting Your Components with Functional Automotive Coatings
Automobile OEM's know that their customers demand quality and longevity out of their vehicles. To ensure this, car manufacturers turn to functional automotive coatings that enhance the performance and lifespan of critical car components. Almost every part in a car is connected to a coated component. From preventing corrosion, to limiting UV damage, to reducing noise and more, functional automotive coatings keep your car performing better and longer.
Examples of Commonly Coated Automotive Parts
- Thrust Cage Bearings: Release coatings can be applied to thrust cage bearings that operate in the compressor of air conditioning units to ensure uninhibited starting after sitting idle for extended periods of time.
- Wheel Assembly Washers: Dry film lubricants are applied to enclosed transmission washers where traditional greases cannot be utilized, ultimately decreasing noise, increasing part performance and reducing harmful friction that contributes to premature component failure.
- Brake Clips: Abrasion resistant coatings that also exhibit release properties are used on brake clips to eliminate squeaks and groans associated with braking and vibrations.
- Door Strikers: Durable, corrosion resistant coatings are applied to plated door strikers to provide an added layer of protection, not achievable by plating alone, for a component that is visible from the exterior of the vehicle and continually subjected to impact.
- Steering Column Components: Graphite and molybdenum based dry film lubricants are ideal for components that actuate inside another as they allow for a transfer of coating to interacting parts, all the while performing in harsh chemical or atmospheric environments.
- Exhaust Gaskets: High temperature resistant coatings are applied to exhaust gaskets to prevent fretting from part expansion and contraction during cycles of operation, as well as elevated continuous operating temperatures and vibration, ensuring an airtight seal, extended performance and reduced maintenance.
- Gas Filler Tubes: Corrosion resistant coatings, ultimately more durable than typical plating, are utilized on gas filler tubes for protection from the elements, as well as gasoline, while standing up to frequent encounters with a gas pump nozzle.